Looking for Something?

Thursday, 21 June 2007

Of Love and Other Demons


Rating:★★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Literature & Fiction
Author:Gabriel Garcia-Marquez

I really love this book. I am amazed by the way Garcia-Marquez has put together small pieces of facts and made it into a story in which you'd think is true. The main character, Sierva Maria is based from the corpse in an unkown grave dug somewhere in Colombia. The novel showcases the storytelling genius of Garcia-Marquez wherein he effectively narrated the feelings of a young priest torn between his love for Sierva Maria and his love for the service of God.

This novel goes to show that priests are also human. They are capable of making mistakes. So we shouldn't just judge them whenever they screw up.

I read this during the in-house review. It kept me sane and almost bothered me.

No comments: