Thursday, 30 August 2007
Wednesday, 29 August 2007
|Start:||Oct 2, '07 08:00a|
|End:||Oct 2, '07 12:00p|
|Location:||Araneta Coliseum, Cubao|
Sunday, 26 August 2007
Friday, 24 August 2007
Thursday, 23 August 2007
Ngek! Kahit ako di ko masasayaw yan. Baka makalas pa ako! *lol*
Make your own 80's dancing alter ego here.
Wednesday, 22 August 2007
When I was a kid, money was never a problem. My dad is a nautical engineer and a chief mate to boot and my mom’s a subcontractor for a lingerie company that makes stuff for JC Penney. You can say that they rake in so much money. Even if it was so, our parents taught us to be simple and humble. During this high point, my little brother was born. Daddy stopped going abroad to start a business using his earnings and Mommy’s business flourished anyway.
But neither of us knew that it would be the start of the hard times.
Daddy’s clients issued bouncing checks, which hasn’t been paid to this very day. Not only that, the company that mom’s working with, closed down when its workers went on a strike. My parents did every damage control measure that they know, but to no avail. We really hit rock bottom and that, we have to live with. There was even a time that we can’t even afford to buy a sachet of shampoo and I went to school having bad hair because I used bath soap on my hair.
Starting anew is really difficult. We have to make drastic economies to stretch our budget. Daddy had to go back abroad but it wasn’t easy. He’s already old (but not “OLD” old) and hasn’t worked as a seafarer for 10 years so companies thought twice about hiring him. Mommy kept on looking for other companies to work with. As for us, it was up to ourselves to do the household chores. We learned how to cook, clean the house, do the laundry, and other stuff we weren’t used to do.
But even if life is like that, our parents managed to send us to good schools. Knowing our parents’ sacrifices, we never dared to screw up. We also learned to work hard to get something that we want. It was at this time that I proved that we’re still “one big happy family” despite the financial hardships.
We’re ok now even if we’re still paying off some of the IOU’s from the past. It’s kind of hurtful though, because some people you considered as a friend, judge you with what you have and use it against you. It occurred to me that it was our “more blessed” family friends who stuck with us.
I don’t feel humiliated when I tell people that we hit rock bottom. It’s part of who I am. I consider that experience to be a knife that struck my heart but also the very same knife that shaped me to become a better person.
…and a very frugal one at that. =)
Monday, 20 August 2007
* Each blogger must post these rules first.
* Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I so love shoes. People usually see me in flip flops but hey, it's just because it may be too hot to wear shoes. Majority of the shoes I own are sneakers in different styles (malamang!). I am planning to buy some high heeled ones because I have nothing to wear in formal gatherings...and in times that I am so malandi *lol*.
2. My face peels like hell now. Because of the cream that my dermatologist prescribed, my face looks like it's been doused with dried glue. Gawd, I hate this allergic reaction/hormonal imbalance bullshit.
3. When I get pissed off and I don't want to answer back a bitchy remark, I raise my left eyebrow then roll my eyes. It means a lot of things like, "I have no time for you, pathetic loser", "I don't care", "I'm too pretty to answer back your stupid remark" and many more. The meaning depends on how pissed off I am.
4. One of my new motto for "a peaceful and happy living" is: I live for my own satisfaction, not yours. That means, I do things to feed my id and not to compete with anyone else. So don't go babbling about how better your illegit pseudo-beau is than Mark because three words, which are "I DON'T CARE" are all I'd say. (uy, sticky chismis!)
5. Right now, I actually miss going to school. Considering my ancient psychobabbling about "School sucks my social life away from me", that might be hard to believe. Maybe i'm just bored (and penniless *lol*) that's why I'm saying that.
6. Like Jewel, I can survive being a loner whenever it is necessary. It is important for me that I need some quiet time alone and have some introspection or whatever. I bite people's heads off when they distract me or intrude into my own private world.
7. I'm spooked by big, fat and hairy spiders. Thank God, I don't live in Australia where almost all spiders fit the description of SCARY. I run off and yell whenever a big hairy spider crawls within my field of vision. At some points, I don't yell and scream for help. I just try to run away. Scaredy cat!
8. I love to watch National Geographic Channel. I'm loving it. I first learned about rare diseases like porphyria on NatGeo Specials. It makes me feel so smart whenever I learn new things from them.
Now, I get to tag 8 people! I'm going to take victims from those who view my music page *lol*
> 4th person from today who viewed my she's the man playlist
> 5th person from yesterday who viewed my broadway musicals playlist
> 1st person from today who viewed my TV show themes playlist
> 3rd person from today who viewed my rihanna playlist
> 10th person from 2 days ago who viewed my grey's anatomy playlist
> 8th person from a week ago who viewed my she's the man playlist
> 1st person from 5 days ago who viewed my emo-senti song playlist
Saturday, 18 August 2007
1. for ruff, i found my old stock of sterile gloves. i still have a pair of triflex gloves. since you asked me about it, i took a photo of it so that you can see. this one from my stash was given to me...i didn't get it in the way that we talked about. *lol*
3. we have thought of a name for evil kitty's kittens. the black kitten is named "gumby" because i thought it has umbilical hernia because it's umbilical stump is protruded. i shortened it to umby. but it sounds like umbridge, the little twit from harry potter and the order of the phoenix. i added a "g", thus the name. the white kitten is "hagger", which is what grawp calls hagrid in harry potter. the kitten is fat and big that's why it deserves the name.
Wednesday, 15 August 2007
Tuesday, 14 August 2007
- chuvaness- ok, she’s cecile zamora-van straten. i check out her blog almost everyday because it always leaves me entertained and laughing because of her scoops on kris-regreta-roopa.
- dra. tes- she’s one of the first people i met through in the blogosphere. she’s so generous in sharing some info and tips regarding eye care…and she urges me to go for my medical school attempts.
- nice- like niknok, i just met nice recently. she’s cool because it seems to me that she is a person who really values friendship…lalo na with alfred vargas. JOKE!
- rai- her website is soooo cool. i like her header image.
- gdwn- the blog title says it all: simpleng balahuraan. i love her okrayable friendster profiles. it never fails to make me laugh.
- niknok- although i only found out about her blog just yesterday, when she dropped by mine, i consider her a cool chick. i love her spunk and sharp wit.
- alia- my co-emo friend. yeahboi! i like the depth of insight of her entries. it can show you another perspective in an issue. and she loves anime, and asian films and series.
- cory- she never forgets how fun it is to be Filipino even if she’s now a california baby. she is my little miss sunshine because my jokes are so hilarious to her even if it’s soooo corny. laugh trip all the time!
- cors- the queen of mean. she’s cool because we’re both royalty. ngek! nope, she’s cool because she’s so productive after graduation. unlike me, who’s a total bum. (ui, inggitera!)
- richie- although she updates her blog once in a blue moon, it never fails to make me laugh at how she rants and raves about her winning and not-so winning (READ: shitty) experiences in the hospital. she also blogs about stuff not related to work. and she’s my sister…=)
Monday, 13 August 2007
so we vowed to ditch the negative energy already...well unless, hounding it again is totally necessary.
i finally dropped a line to some of the “blood traitors” that i am usually writing about. i know that they did hurt me a lot but i’ll just let time heal the wounds they caused me. and besides, i believe in karma. what you give is what you get in return. thank god we all are on our separate ways so it’s easier to move on.
here’s something that made me laugh and in a way, made me think deeper about finally breaking the barrier:
“Nasty rumors with sexual undertones are made by perverts.
Those girls made nasty rumors with sexual undertones against you.
Ergo, those girls are perverts.”
“She has an ill-gotten beau who called her as his life.
But he believes that life is a bitch.
Ergo, she is a bitch”
- über intelligent brother and sister tandem, steve and mimi dizon
i remembered my logic class tuloy.
o siyempre, walang maniniwala sa akin na gusto ko talagang maging nurse. it might be hard to believe, but i really do want to be a nurse ever since i was a kid.
here's the proof. with matching photo pa! i found it while i was cleaning our old study table…
i just realized that i'm one step away from my dream. it's only the license and i would fully be what i wanted myself to be many years ago.
with that, i'm happy. =)
Thursday, 9 August 2007
my friend mimi gave me a nickname and she has been has been calling me "laguna bitch". it's written all over my friendster account. knowing what the meaning of bitch is, i'm supposed to throw a hissy fit from the time that she called me laguna bitch. but i didn't. she explained to me that she has another meaning of bitch, which she has taken from an old forwarded e-mail.
according to that e-mail, bitch means:
C- control of
she told me that she gave me this nickname because noticed that i rarely succumbed to peer and social pressure. yeah, even in my age, there’s still peer pressure. i don’t know about you guys but that’s how being in an all-girl university goes (ack, we went co-ed a couple of years back). social pressure never goes away. but anyway, take these examples:
1. it’s time to choose what our field of specialization would be. the medical-surgical ward is all the rage but i’ve decided that i should really stick to my choice, which is the operating room. i was the first one to write down OR (in blue ink) on that measly piece of paper. some of my classmates taunted me that from what they’ve heard, the OR elective has the most number of paper works and has one of the most difficult final exams. they tried to avoid that and some persuaded me to change my field.
2. some of my friends didn’t attend the in-house review organized by our school, in preparation for the board exams. they reviewed in other review centers. naturally, they persuaded me to come because almost everyone “fun” is going to attend in the same review center.
3. one time, i have a friend who admitted that he really likes me but the problem is, he is already in a relationship. i like him too but only as a friend. knowing these facts, some of my friends pressed me into entering a relationship with him even if the poor girl didn’t know, because eventually, they’d break up if he truly loves me. they gave me the crap that “love is all that matters”.
4. i got sick and tired of studying at starbucks at robinson’s place manila ever since it became crowded and noisy because of other “reviewees”. my dormmates, who also happens to be my friends, get a kick out of studying there even if it’s noisy. one night, they decided to go to starbucks adriatico to study. the night before, i had coffee with the ice king so i declined. ooh, they wouldn’t take no for an answer.
how did i manage?
DEADMA lang. as in totally ignoring them. seriously, i have my own brain that can function so i don’t need anyone telling me what i should do. i take advices and words of wisdom; but letting them control my decisions? nope, won’t work.
so what happened after?
1. i chose the OR no matter what. turns out that there is only one case study, a quiz, a case presentation (in front of staff nurses and the chief nurse of PGH-OR, mind you), and a scrapbook with your photos and whatnots are required. i had a hell of a time because i enjoyed every single minute of my duty in the OR.
2. i paid the fees early so that they couldn’t say anything anymore. i went out and enjoyed myself before the in-house review started while they have been going to their classes almost 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. when the in-house review started, they had a lot of topics covered but they are still so toxic. unlike us who only had a month of review, we got to chill out pa at club manila east.
3. when i heard their reason, i was like, “wtf?”. and reality check: i told them that i like him AS A FRIEND, for crying out loud. that’s enough for me not to listen to them. and i think they have a twisted perspective on what ‘love” is. jeez!
4. i have to save because i'm flat broke. i hate it when people can’t take no for an answer because i have to tell a white lie so they’d leave me alone. so i just gave them a pathetic excuse that my dad would call up that night and would totally freak out if he finds out that i’m not in the dorm. they know that my dad’s overprotective so they went by themselves. problem solved! i got to study well and they just ended up chatting with some of our classmates. now, i call them the starbucks study brigade.
oo nga naman, i realized that i don't usually give in to the whims of my friends when i don't feel like it. ok. so maybe laguna bitch really fits me. =)
on the other hand, evil kitty’s kittens have grown so big. lookie here:
aww, so cute. i love them.
Wednesday, 8 August 2007
Monday, 6 August 2007
if i can just delve into the mind of the members of the board of nursing! of course, that's through mental telepathy...and something not radical as this:
sus, i won't resort to craniotomy so that I’d know the BON’s thoughts...
good luck to all the june 2007 nursing board examinees! =)
maraming nagagahan sa akin nung nalaman nila na wala pang developments sa aming dalawa ni “ice king”. ahem! keber nila. di naman nila alam ang mga dahilan ko no! for starters, ako ay miyembro ng NBSB (no boyfriend since birth) at ang mga tipo kong boylet ay matalino, ayos ang sense of humor, mabait, malawak ang pag-unawa, matangkad, matangos ang ilong, (o sige na nga) at gwapo. malaking himala na lang kung may haharot sa akin na isang bagitong brusko na ganito ang description.
then it happened.
nakilala ko si ice king. ibubulgar ko na nga yung pangalan niya…siya si marcus raphael (gusto ko sanang lagyan ng picture nya kaso shy type yun). sa tingin ko, siya na nga yata ang hinihintay ko na makasama sa aking nagyeyelong kaharian. kaso, naisip ko, baka kaya ko lang nasasabi yan ay dahil sa siya yung talagang trip kong maging jowais. isipin nyo yun, lahat ng gusto ko nasa kanya na. may add-ons pa: champion swimmer, nakakapagpadugo ng ilong ang english, at hanep sa simplification ng medical lectures.
nauntog lang ako at naisip ko na hindi lang naman yung mga gusto ko sa isang guy ang basis na magiging mabuting jowais siya. kailangan ko muna siyang kilalaning mabuti kaya di kailangang magtaka kung bakit wala pang nangyayaring muy romantico sa aming dalawa. sus! di ko naman ikamamatay kung wala pa akong boyfriend.
at ang nakaka-jirita jackson lang ay masyadong big deal sa aking ilang ka-eskwela na ang ka-date ko ay doctor. sus! kung ano-ano ang mga naririnig kong mga kwento, mapanira man o mapa-wala lang. dahil neophyte lang ako sa ganitong sitwasyon, medyo nawindang ako pero nabawi ko na naman ang aking tamang pag-iisip.
i’m in a very “crucial” period. so para sa mga kating-kating malaman na kaming-kami na, utang na loob, hindi ako nagmamadali kaya wag akong madaliin. para silang KC na tumira ng 4 na mug ng kape…kaya bahala na silang magkaron ng dysrhythmia. harhar!
…at magkakape muna ako.
Friday, 3 August 2007
then i remember what i watched the in the news just yesterday. hail and tornadoes affected some of the residents of northern luzon. and according to PAGASA, it's caused by the abrupt increase of heat in our atmosphere. greenpeace then reasoned out that it's caused by global warming.
this issue isn't even worth laughing at. you see, one of the effects when there's global warming, the bodies of water dry up. these bodies of water include the dams. malas na rin natin dahil hindi umuulan so hindi napapalitan yung tubig na nawawala sa mga dam. it's all over the news that the major dams that supply electricity has very low water levels that they consider as critical levels. so that means there is possible energy shortage. try to observe the fluorescent light in your home. it doesn't shine as much as it's supposed to even if it is newly installed. i asked a friend who knows about these stuff and he said, "bumaba na yung boltahe ng kuryente".
let's not rejoice about the rain that we experience. according to PAGASA, the rain that we experience is a result of cloud seeding. so pakana lang nila yan para umulan. naalala ko rin yung tinuro dati ni sir bereber nung chemistry class namin nung high school na yung ulan, brought about cloud seeding only lasts for 30 minutes or less. kaya sandali lang yung pag-ulan ngayon na di katulad dati kapag umulan, makakapagluto ka muna ng sopas bago tumila to.
ayoko nang maulit yung series of blackouts nung early 90's. kaya sana let's do our part in saving the environment. gasgas man ang linyang ito, pero totoo ang sinasabi ko. and if ever there are comments, i think it'd probably help if you'll suggest ways on how to cut off on waste. at kailangan nakasulat yan sa 1/4 sheet of paper. no erasures *joke*. siyempre ayoko naman na tumira kay planetang earth na tinalo pa ang hurno o di kaya ang pugon ng pan de manila. utang na loob. marumi at madilim na nga, mainit pa…
chuss, matinding baskil* ang mangyayari sa atin…
*baskil- short for basang kili-kili
Thursday, 2 August 2007
· 3 names you go by
· 3 screen names you've had
· 3 physical things you like about yourself
· 3 physical things you don't like about yourself
· 3 parts of your heritage
· 3 things that scare you
· 3 of your favorite bands
· 3 of your favorite songs
· 3 things you want in a relationship
· 2 truths and a lie in no particular order
· 3 things about the preferred sex that appeals to you
· 3 of your favorite hobbies
· 3 things you really want to do badly right now
· 3 careers you've considered/you're considering
· 3 places you want to go on vacation
· 3 kids' names you like
· 3 things you want to do before you die
· 3 ways that you are stereotypically a guy
· 3 ways that you are stereotypically a girl
· 3 celebrity crushes
· 3 persons that you're tagging
o, wag masyadong seryosohin ang iba kong sagot…mukha lang seryoso pero joke talaga yun. *lol*
that's odette on the left, ate richie on the center, and me on the right side. all green kami at di namin pinag-usapan yan. fans lang kami ni migz zubiri *lol*. odette’s brother, poix (i’m not sure about the spelling) volunteered to drive us around since it was not a busy day. anyway, we first visited ednas school and mother goose school, which i heard a lot about from my friend, maireen, who also hails from dagupan. then after that, we went to lingayen and we went to see the fighter planes and army tanks used during the world war 2. being the shutter freaks that we are, my sister and i took a lot of photos of the park and of ourselves with odette and poix. and holy macro, it rained! so we sought shelter at the shrine and there we saw more mementos of the lingayen that was. imagine, i am now in a place that my textbooks in elementary and high school used to describe. harhar. now that's something. anyway, this was one of the mementos that caught our attention. when i saw that my sister took a photo of it, i was thrilled. methinks this is a groovy shot:
after that we went to the stadium whose name i forgot. basta dun ginanap yung palarong pambansa this year. that's poix on the farthest side. cool dude, that guy. anyway, there's a lot to see in this stadium. na-feel kong magpaka-atom araullo *wink* at magbato ng javelin at shotput. pero joke lang yon. harhar. after the photo-ops and a visit to the hanging bridge, we set off back to their home. we also stopped by at panaderia antonio to buy some plato wraps, which by the way, tastes really good. i have tried a new variant other than the ham and cheese variant i used to buy before. sayang wala pang coffee bean and tea leaf dun so we can hang out and chill. gloria jean's pa lang daw ang meron. eh ok lang naman kahit wala, para tipid din *lol*. kuripot!
we went to baguio the next day since it's only 2 hours away from dagupan. nag-commute na lang kami. we explored the depths of kennon road at mukhang magandang gumawa dun ng suspense thriller na movie, lalo na dun sa lion's head. pero syempre, joke lang ulit yun! of course, camwhorism always prevails so we have a lot of shots of the scenery of kennon road. we just visited burnham park and mines view park (for souveneir shopping) because the skies are gray...mukhang uulan. true enough, it did. lucky us, we're already eating at sm baguio before the rain poured. at syet, i had altitude sickness. grr! sumakit ang ulo ko, palibhasa di ako sanay sa ganong kataas na lugar, kahit sabihin mong madalas ako sa tagaytay. iba naman kasi ang taas ng baguio sa tagaytay. altitude sickness somewhat ruined my day...pero at least, malamig don at siguradong di ka mababaskil. harhar! pa-consuelo na lang sa akin ang lamig. palibhasa maarte ako dahil ayoko sa mainit na lugar.
di naman halatang hayok kami sa pictures at talagang nag-enjoy ako...*lol*. seriously, i'd do this again while i still have a lot of time. kapag nagkatrabaho na ako, naku, goodbye chillax life na ang drama ko kasi mahirap mag-request ng off. yun lang.