Looking for Something?

Tuesday, 11 September 2007

Gossip Girl


Rating:★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Teens
Author:Cecily von Ziegesar


I've been obsessing on reading this book for the longest time. I was just too busy (and penniless *lol*) to read a new book when I was still a student. Thanks to my newfound bum mode, I finally got to read this book.

The series is narrated by an "Unseen Entity" a.k.a. Gossip Girl, who runs a blog about the lives of the socialite teens of the Upper East Side of New York City. The book runs an account of what's happening to the lives of these people and how they deal with it. The book tackles the troubles of these socialites regarding drugs, sex and keeping friendships and relationships intact.

I found it hard to stop reading this book. Aside from the fact that I can relate to the backstabbing, it gives readers a glimpse of what it's like to live the high life- being ridiculously rich and fabulous. I'm going to collect the entire series. Whee!

No comments: