Looking for Something?

Friday, 28 September 2007

Summer Sisters


Rating:★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Literature & Fiction
Author:Judy Blume

This is the story of Vix Leonard and Caitlin Somers who became the best of friends after spending one summer together. Caitlin dazzled Vix from the start, sweeping the latter into the heart of the unruly Somers family, a world of privilege and adventure. Vix's bond with her summer family reshapes her ties to her own family. Then, in one moment, everything changes, exposing something in her extraordinary friendship with Caitlin that will haunt them through the years.

It's a fascinating read, because it kept me reading for more to see how far would their friendship take them. I thought Caitlin, a rich girl is just fooling around with Vix since she is so willing to do stuff with her. It just amuses me to see that their friendship has survived until they celebrated the big 4-0. But some parts irked me because some parts between Vix and her boyfriend are laden with selfish and pathetic pleading. I'm not too much of a pathetic pleading fan when it comes to literature.

I gave it 3 stars because not only it was interesting, it also entertained me throughout the uber-boring school activity I had to attend.

No comments: