I was over at PRC yesterday and while I was eating lunch at St. Thomas Square, I overheard two girls talking about Girl #1's suitor. The flow of their conversation revolved on Girl #2's encouragement that Girl #1 should go for the guy because he's an Atenean, has a car and a son of some rich dude, despite Girl #1's emphasis that the guy is nice and intelligent.
I expected that reply from Girl #2 because that's not new to me.
Eto na ang pinakamalupit sa lahat ng na-experience ko...When Jollibeeyatch found out that I was dating Doctor Kwak-Kwak, she was throwing me a lot of questions. She
advised forced me to go for him NOW when she found out that Doctor Kwak-Kwak is an automobile owner, a son of a surgeon, financially able, a Filipino Chinese, ran for a cum laude slot in his premed course at UPD, and a jUPeeCM grad. His types were Jollibeeyatch's ideal guy.
I never introduced him to anyone in the clique (yet) because I was protecting him and myself (from the potential chismis). Ganito ba naman kasi ang balak ni Jollibeeyatch kapag pinakilala ko si Doc sa kanya na lagi niyang sinasabi sa akin, 3x a day:
- Sasama si Jollibeeyatch sa lakad namin tapos magpapalibre ng dinner at magpaparinig na mag-Starbucks after dinner. Swerte pa daw kung mapapagtripan ni Doc sa UCC. And she expects him to foot the bill even if he didn't want to have coffee
- Magpa-reto ng co-resident or ng jUPeeCM batchmate ni Doc
- Mag-feeling close at kunwari magiging ally...so that he'd have good things to say about her if he finally decides to introduce her to someone.
- Gusto niyang maka-experience sumakay sa Ford Escape. (Naisip ko tuloy: "Ford Escape lang ba ang bagong sasakyan sa buong mundo?")
- Magkakaroon na daw siya ng karapatan na mag-sked ng date naming dalawa. Those dates include a random day kung saan chaperone ko "daw" siya. (Third wheel?!)
Patay tayo diyan, nagbalak na! At seryoso siya dyan. Bahala siya, I won't have her back when he starts lecturing medical terms in English, with matching intonation and word blending pa...para total nosebleed. Nyahaha!
I have guy friends and I will feel sad if the girl they like, treats them as a cash cow. It's disturbing. Really. I didn't see Doc as a money dispensing machine and I hate to know that other people around me sees him as otherwise.
So guys, take heed. Sometimes, you have to be careful of the clique.
Ronald McDonald, pray for Jollibeeyatch.