Looking for Something?

Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Gossip Girl TV Series


Rating:★★★★
Category:Other

Finally! One of my favorite books have been turned into a TV series by the CW network. The series is produced by Josh Schwartz of The O.C. and the production team is composed of the people behind the costumes, music, and the story line of Sex and the City, The O.C., and Veronica Mars.

I watched the first few episodes already and I noticed that they haven't followed the concept of the book. They just adapted the characters and had taken a completely different story line. Ok, I know that Gossip Girl is really way behind my age category, it just captures you with it's catchy story line and great soundtrack.

Although I think the story line of the book is better, the plot gets exciting each episode as we watch New York's Upper East Side it-girl, Serena van der Woodsen battle it out with her former best friend Blair Waldorf. And we'll get hooked on waiting if Dan Humphrey would be chosen by Serena over Nate Archibald, or if the horniest boy in their clique, Chuck Bass would finally get in between Serena's pants. And oh boy, they're just in high school.

But I was disappointed because Serena (Blake Lively) doesn't look like what I was expecting her to look like. Her acting is OK but lacks the bee-yatch factor that Blair (Leighton Meester) has. Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) sometimes look untidy and weird but has this certain "angas" look that gives him an edge. Nate (Chace Crawford) and Dan (Penn Badgely) are hot *lol*. As for Gossip Girl, Kirsten Bell's voice is perfect for the part.

I can't wait for the next episodes. =)

No comments: