Looking for Something?

Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Competing With A Slug

Nowadays whenever people ask me how I am these days, I answer: "Eto, buhay kuhol". These large snails (kuhol) are quiet and simple just as I am now. So I don't get it. Why on God's green goodness, do some people still manage to find the nerve to compete with a slug-like moi? Un-fucking-believable. It's hard to compete with a slug.

There are times that I may act like a self-absorbed princess bitch but I really don't like competing with anyone...unless it is a swim meet. I only turn my blind eye and my deaf ear towards this big joke.

In my 2008 Wish List, I wanted to do away with competition whores this year because I don't want my name dragged into some puny and juvenile comparisons ever again. Srsly, I am not built to be a second-string competitor who gets tangled in some power struggle whenever competitor #2 runs out of arsenal against competitor #1.

Competitions bring out the best and worst in people. Not only that, it makes one feel inferior, doubting oneself. Self-esteem is hard to build up, you know. And I don't want to become a walking time bomb for someone else's self-esteem.

All I want is for these people (they know who they are) to cut the crap. I'll give them the satisfaction by telling them that they are already winning this game that I didn't take part of. I hope I don't have to shove it up their asses, I wish they'd realize this.

Material possessions don't define who you are. Just 'cause my mobile phone only has 2MP's doesn't mean that I am not worthy to be someone else's friend. Just 'cause I don't own a pair of Havaianas doesn't mean I'm less of the person I am now. People get where they are now because of sheer hard work and character.

And a piece of my personal philosophy: Grades aren't the measure of what you are really learning. It never gauges one's knowledge, and it never will for knowledge is immeasurable. Hence, learning is continuous.

Whatevs, here's my first and last take on this competition thingy:

Just remember to look up just as you are looking down on me. You might not see that there is someone just right above you, looking down on what you are doing to other people.

3 comments:

Holy Kamote said...

"Just remember to look up just as you are looking down on me. You might not see that there is someone just right above you, looking down on what you are doing to other people."

-- may tama ka!

arjay said...

amen!

KC said...

@ Holy Kamote: That makes two of us.

@ Arjay: ;)