Looking for Something?

Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Orthobstetrics?!

I now belong to the working class. Woohoo!

Although it is just a specialty clinic for Orthopedics and Obstetrics-Gynecology, I'm thankful for it because I don't get to be stagnant. Plus, it's like an out-patient department, emergency room, delivery room/nursery, ward, and most importantly, an operating room rolled into one. And with that, I don't get to be bored because I won't do the routinary things.

Nakakatawa lang. I have been so open in my great dislike for OB-GYN. And now, it is kicking me hard in the ass because I have to deal with everything pink and squishy for 12 hours a day. Official na: member na ako ng vagina saving squad. Lol.

On a lighter note, it is a great learning experience because I already forgot a lot of things about Maternal and Child Nursing. That's one of the reasons why I took the job. I don't want to say that I hate it because I totally suck at it. Plus, I want to experience working on the different areas of concentration so that I won't get to satiated with just about everything. I also don't get to wear the standard white nurse's uniform and the cap. Haha!

With orthopedics, I don't have a problem because I'm used to exposed bones, blood and gore. That's where I'll get to have the "OR Experience" again because some surgeries like amputation, are done there. Ahhlavett!

And before I forget, I told some of my friends that when I get a job, it serves as my middle finger raised to the elitists and "the agency" that didn't give justice to what I have worked for. So THIS IS IT!

7 comments:

jc.guiyab said...

hello kc, belated happy annive. ako naman super hate ko ang work ng school nurse. pero hello. school nurse ako now at excited na me mag expire ang contract ko. hehehehhe pero i must admit i learned a lot.

Ruy said...

Congratulations and good luck! Personally, I'd never last a minute in the presence of live blood and gore. I'd probably puke or faint... And I'm such a big guy I can just imagine how embarassing that would be! Wahaha!

KC said...

@ JC: Harhar. Medyo boring nga naman yun pero may mga masasaya rin namang mga experiences at mga pangyayari...all in a day's work.

Good luck sa plans mo after ma-expire ang contract mo. =)

KC said...

@ Ruy: Thanks! And yeah, it would be pretty funny to see a big guy like you weaken at the sight of blood and gore. But then again, kanya-kanya lang yan. And you'd probably find it very silly of me to run like a madman when a spider comes near me. Lol.

adam brown said...

Hi again, see tthis is the site i told you i signed up to. It has some nice information about how to make money using OPP, i think you might find it interesting. here it is. bye!

thejournicler said...

anu yung something pink and squishy? haha

KC said...

@ The Journicler: Sikretong malupit. Haha!