Looking for Something?

Sunday, 14 December 2008

The Road To Becoming FUBAR

So I took the NMAT today at DLSU Manila and as expected, I'd have to guzzle on battery fluid to keep me going until the results get released. I came early because I want to calm down before I start the exams. But when I arrived, the line was batshit crazy.

Lame attempt for a shot of the crazy queue

I thought I was going to wallow in this by myself and surprise, surprise! Padi saw me and was texting each other like crazy since he's already inside and I was just entering DLSU. And while I was thinking that I might be needing another pencil because I only bought one, then came the people of Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health handing out flyers and *gasp* ASMPH logo pencils.

Not your average giveaway pencil. Mongol yan. Sushal.

When I got in the gate, I was reading the few instructions posted. Since I wasn't wearing my glasses and because of that, my head began to hurt a few minutes after. That's when FUBAR Phase I started. In case you don't know, FUBAR means Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

I immediately put on my glasses after finding my room. So I was texting some friends in order to calm down, even if my headace now radiated to the occiput. So to cut the crap, I took the stupid test with a bad-ass splitting headache that's why I wasn't able to finish answering. Our proctor is nice because she was worried about me and kept on asking me if I was really ok. I just say "YES" with a smile even if I wasn't. I don't want to scare her further.

I don't know if I even did well on the second part because my head seriously hurts. Padi is worried about his results because he's as unprepared as I am because he's working too. But he's not as fucked up as I am.

So now, I'm not bitter at all about the percentile but I was bitter about the fact that I wasn't able to answer the test even if it was OK can be answered even with minimal review. I'm just hoping for the convincing powers of my Transcript of Records to cover up the mess of my NMAT. I hope that other schools that I have applied at will look beyond my botched percentile. Because if they don't, then my "Med School Dream" is srsly fucked up beyond all recognition.

Goodbye, UPCM. Gamitin mo na lang ang binayad ko sa pagpapaganda ng pasilidad mo.

On a lighter note, I will have my eyes checked up this week. Maybe my astigmatism got worse since my headache started last week on an irregular basis. FYI, it gets worse when the person lacks sleep.

Oh well, good luck na lang sa results. *crosses fingers*

2 comments:

cors said...

Good luck KC! Prayers,prayers,prayers =)

Happy Holidays!

KC said...

Thanks Cors! :)