Looking for Something?

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

The Big Help

September 26, 2009. This day goes down in the history of my pathetic life and as well as the history of the Filipino nation. Hundreds of lives were lost as Typhoon Ondoy (internationally known as Ketsana) mercilessly ravaged everything in its path. It is also the day that the Filipinos became united as a nation to help out those who were badly affected.

And here comes another destructive motherfucker, Pepeng.

Now I know how the evacuees feel after being stranded at school. I vowed that I'd help out as soon as I fix myself. And as the first part of my “Big Help” thingy, here are additional places I know of that we can drop off donations:
  • Donations are accepted in St. Paul University Manila, Student Affairs Office c/o Ms. Patria Fortes.
  • San Beda College in Mendiola, Manila is also accepting donations daily from 7:30AM till 6PM, spearheaded by the Law Student Government at St. Maur's Hall. Other student governments are also helping out the LSG in acquiring other donations.
  • For Globe subscribers, text RED5/25/50/100/300 to 2899.
Though this is a seriously late post, let's give more goods because food supply for the evacuees in some areas aren't sufficient as their houses and resources are still down. Thx.

No comments: