Looking for Something?

Sunday, 27 December 2009

InfoNURSEtion Goes For The WIN! Again.

Whenever I get hold of a copy of the InforNURSEtion, I get really giddy. It’s like a mix of nostalgia and anticipation. That’s because I belong to the batch of students who revived the paper and knowing the moderator, Ms. Mary Ann Pascual’s penchant for something new every issue is just exciting. And it’s also because I’m a freak. Lol.

Lovett!

This paper has gone a long way from the first issue we launched when I was a college junior. My position as sports editor is now defunct (HAHA!), there are new segments that are added, and the ZOMGWTHZOMGWOW moment is that when it was chosen to represent St Paul Manila in the Catholic Mass Media Awards Student Paper Category. Even though we didn’t win, I must say that the InfoNURSEtion keeps getting better and better.

But you guys didn’t escape my watchful eye for I have some comments. Tee-hee.

First off, the image used in the cover was kind of pixelated. You can see that when you take a closer look. I suggest that a high-res image be used for those profile close-ups so that if ever there is a need to enlarge the image, it’d still be sharp. Secondly, please put credits for the photos. We don’t want to be accused of violating the Intellectual Property Rights law. I practice it on my blog because I read in the newspaper that there is strict implementation of that in cyberspace. I don’t know if it’s applicable in print media but I hope it’s practiced to avoid future problems. Also, some of the photos are dim. Please adjust the brightness and/or contrast so that there’s no need to squint or whatever. That’s all.

And I like the idea of featuring exceptional alumnae. Although it takes too much work selecting and interviewing the person, it’s a segment that’s worth reading. It’s inspiring actually, because you get to be informed of the fields in nursing practice that you can probably excel in and that their success story is just motivating.

Keep up the good work, you guys.

No comments: