Looking for Something?

Thursday, 8 April 2010

I Am Not Normal…Or At Least My Circadian Rhythm Isn't

• 11:00 PM – I’m starting preparing myself before going to sleep.
• 11:30 PM – I go to bed.
• 11:31 PM onwards – I toss and turn, trying to make myself fall asleep while occasionally glancing at my cellphone clock.
• 1:53 AM – Last usual time check.
• Unknown Time – I fall asleep.
• 10 AM – I wake up but still feel tired.

I know this is not a normal human being’s bedtime but that’s my sleep routine for the past few weeks. For ten freaking months, even if I’m really sleepy, I’m not supposed to doze off as early as normal humans should because I need to finish reading. But now that I’m actually free of these tasks, I can’t even fall asleep. This is getting frustrating.

Technically, I’m awake at night and asleep during the day. So that’s why there are times I can’t help falling asleep during class.

Power napping.

And no, I’m not one of them vampires or call center agents. I’m just a regular student whose body clock is seriously messed up. Take it from me, kids. You wouldn’t want a fucked up body clock. It’d be bitching on you for the rest of your sleeping life so I suggest you get all the sleep that you can.

No comments: