Looking for Something?

Saturday, 27 August 2011

Bye-bye Frizzy Hair

I have naturally coarse hair that really gets poufy once humidity sets in. I've tried a lot of stuff but it's either too expensive, too greasy or just didn't work at all. Fortunately, Avon launched their Advance Techniques hair care line. I love their skincare products and their make-up so I didn't hesitate trying out their newly launched hair care products, especially the Lotus Shield Anti-Frizz Treatment


I'm not surprised that it got the nod of Cosmopolitan Magazine because it really works. And the best thing is that it doesn't weigh your hair down and a single application lasts for 3 days. Here's how it works:
Say good-bye to frizz, flyaways and hair that is untamed. One application, and frizz is finished.
Like a lotus leaf repels water, our breakthrough lotus-inspired technology defies up to 97% humidity. Keeps hair smooth and well-behaved for 3 days. Bad weather is no longer the enemy.
Leave-in treatment forms a lightweight barrier that helps block out humidity to fight frizz without weighing hair down. Apply to damp hair. Dry & style as normal. For all hair types. 2 fl. oz. Complete your routine for maximum results with Frizz Control Shampoo and Conditioner.
I told my mom about it so she also tried the product sample I got from the Avon outlet in our building. We have the same hair texture so when she saw the results, she immediately bought 2 bottles. Luckily, there's a promo that when you buy a bottle of the Lotus Shield, you get a bottle of the Advance Techniques Daily Shine Shampoo for free.

This is the US variant. The Asian variant does not come  in a shampoo and conditioner combo.

So I immediately bought its conditioner and used it the next day. And boy, it did work. My hair became more manageable with a noticeable frizz reduction. And what I love most about is that you won't need to iron your hair too much in order to achieve straight hair. I discovered it during my preparation for our Med Night while I was ironing my hair. The heat setting is at its lowest but my hair managed to get straight in just a single pass of the iron and my straightening brush, pictured on the top of this photo:


For just Php 350 for the 60 ml Lotus Shield, Php 175 for the 200 ml Daily Shine Shampoo, and Php 195 for the 200 ml Daily Shine Conditioner, it's not so bad. I don't mind spending on something that works. Isn't it obvious that I love this product so much that I'm blogging about it? Lol.

Lotus Shield photo from the Avon website

No comments: