Looking for Something?

Sunday, 6 May 2012

A Moment of Silence

April 12 came as a shock to me and my family. Our Auntie Simple left us forever. :(


She has been taking care of all of us since were little and what happened was too painful because it had to happen all of a sudden. All of the Oville kids grew up with her on our side, cheering us on. Stage mother naming lahat. Sometimes it gets so annoying because it puts a lot of pressure on us but she often tells us that it's her way of motivating us to do better.

She's supposed to be my first formal patient if ever I pass the Physician Licensure Exams. She told me that since I'm contemplating a General Surgery residency, she wanted me to be the one to fix the shape of her abdomen kung tutuloy akong mag-GS. Dahil gusto ko rin namang i-grant ang wish nya, I promised her I would along with unlimited check-ups dahil napakatigas ng ulo niya at ayaw magpatingin sa doctor. Gusto nya kasi sa akin lang daw siya magpapacheck-up. Kaso hindi na niya nahintay...dalawang taon na lang eh.

The two year-old me with Auntie Simple

Kung may nararamdaman na siyang kakaiba sa katawan niya noon pa lang, malamang hindi niya sinabi sa aming lahat. Kahit pinapagalitan ko siya tungkol sa di niya pagpapacheck-up, lagi nyang sinasabi na wala naman. Siya na rin naman ang may sabi na kapag mamamatay na daw sya, gusto nya yung matutulog na lang sya at hindi na siya magigising.

I know she is in a better place now. Rest in peace Auntie. Salamat sa lahat at mahal na mahal ka namin.

No comments: